This delicious foil pack honey garlic chicken is packed with amazing flavors! These meals are perfect for the summer when you want to keep the heat out of the house (no oven!) and keep the messes to a minimum. Also great for camping!
Try this honey garlic chicken alongside some other reader favorites: Summer Cobb Salad, Quinoa Salad, or this Honey Mustard Chicken Salad.
Honey Garlic Chicken
Hey everyone! It’s Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a delicious AND easy dinner recipe! Now that we’re full fledged into summer, it’s time to pull out the foil and start making some foil pack meals! This is a recipe you’ll want to have all summer long! It’s perfect for keeping the heat OUTSIDE and great if you want to take camping.
This dinner has it all — rice (that you don’t even have to cook beforehand!), protein (chicken), a delectable sauce, and plenty of veggies all in ONE foil pack!
Honey Garlic Chicken Ingredients:
- Chicken Breasts — you’ll want 16 ounces TOTAL for this recipe which is about 2 large breasts. Try to get 2 large breasts that are each 8 ounces and then slice the 2 breasts horizontally into two even pieces that are each 4 ounces. Pound the chicken and ensure that the 4 pieces of chicken you have are each an even 4 ounces.
- Minute Rice — we use minute rice so it will cook in time in the packet WITHOUT having to be cooked beforehand! Score!!
- Carrots — grab small baby carrots and halve them
- Broccoli — cut into small florets
- Red pepper — slice into thin strips
- Sauce — every good honey garlic chicken needs a delicious sauce over everything!
- If you’re baking these, you want to avoid removing them from the oven and checking too often; when you open the foil packet, all the steam is released and it’s going to take a lot longer to fully cook when being placed back into the oven. That said, it’s hard to know exactly when they’re done because each oven is different and ingredients are always prepared a little different. I’d recommend pulling out just ONE packet (not all) and testing only one at a time.
- Make sure to use minute rice not regular rice
- Before putting ANYTHING in the foil, grease the foil well with nonstick spray. You do not want the rice to stick to the bottom!
- Use heavy duty foil for grilling.
- Follow the weight and veggie chopping guidelines carefully!
- Make sure the foil is completely 100% sealed off. This will not only keep juices from seeping out (juices that you need for things to cook evenly), but it also keeps the chicken ultra moist. Without a tight seal your chicken will likely taste dry. Seal these tightly!
More easy chicken dinners: