Table of Contents
Grilled pineapple is savory and sweet side dish that is soaked in a coconut lime marinade and grilled to perfection. This grilled pineapple recipe is going to be a summertime favorite!
Grilling pineapple is a favorite in our home, especially during the summertime. We love this caramelized brown sugar cinnamon grilled pineapple that is full of flavor and has just as much flavor. Try both pineapple recipes for a fun barbecue side dish!
Grilled Coconut Lime Pineapple
Take your pineapple to the next level with this delicious tasting coconut lime pineapple cooked right on the grill. It is that easy and simple to make and tastes amazing warm. The grill marks char right on the pineapple leaving this coconut lime pineapple irresistible!
This is a family favorite side dish that we add to every barbecue/grilling night that we have. It is simple to make and takes minutes to prepare and grill. The coconut lime adds so much flavor and brings a summertime feel to the bbq. It is sweet and savory and adds brightness to every plate. This is a tried and true side dish that you will be making all summer long!
Coconut Lime Pineapple Ingredients:
This is an easy and quick recipe that can add to any barbecue or grilling night. This side dish is sweet and savory and one of our family favorites!
- Pineapple: Cut into spears and lay flat when grilling.
- Butter: Melt the butter before adding it to the marinade.
- Brown Sugar: That added sugar just takes this pineapple to the next level.
- Coconut Cream: Bring on all the coconut flavoring sweet cream.
- Coconut Flakes: Adds texture sweetness from the coconut flakes.
- Lime: Juice from a lime
Let the pineapple marinade in the mixture for one to two hours before grilling to soak in the added sauce. This makes it rich and creamy but not necessary if you do not have the time. When ready to grill make sure the grill is at its honest temperature for medium heat. This will avoid the spears to tear on the grill and give it the nice charred look.
- Prepare Pineapple: Lay the pineapple spears on a pan.
- Marinade: Combine melted butter, brown sugar, coconut cream, coconut flakes and lime juice. Spread half of the mixture on top of the pineapple.
- Grill Pineapple: Grill over medium heat for about 7-10 minutes turning and basting once. Remove from the grill and use remaining sauce as desired.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
Coconut milk can be substituted for coconut cream. You will want to purchase the canned version soon coconut milk. It is a little thicker and creamier compared tot the coconut cream.
How do you Cut Pineapple?
I like to cut my pineapple into quarters from top to bottom. Slicing the core out and cutting into smaller quarter sizes. You can also cut it into circular rings. It is best to cut the slices evenly to have the grilling process evenly cook through the pineapple.
What to Serve with Grilled Pineapple:
Grilled pineapple is the perfect summertime side dish that can go with any dish that you love. Have a barbecue and grill up meat and vegetables to go along with these delicious tasting recipes.
Here are a few of my favorites:
How Long Does Grilled Pineapple Last?
- Can you make grilled pineapple ahead of time? Yes! Simply slice your pineapple ahead of time. Since it does turn brown quickly, add orange juice over top to soak in the citrus acid and keeping the pineapple from browning. You can also marinade the pineapple in the mixture for 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Fresh Pineapple: If you cut your pineapple and soak in orange juice, lay flat in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days long.
- Grilled Pineapple: Once your pineapple is grilled, let cool and place in an airtight container to store in for 5 to 6 days long. When ready to warm up a few seconds in the microwave or using a skillet to warm back up keeps it flavorful. Avoid using tin or aluminum foil with fresh fruit. It will take the flavor away and discolor the fruit.
- Can you freeze grilled pineapple? Yes, let cool and place in a ziplock bag, laying flat and add to the freezer for 1 month long. Add the pineapple to smoothies or water as an ice cube!