Quick Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce and Sesame is an amazing side dish, and this roasted broccoli is going to be a hit with everyone. And this recipe uses high heat so it’s on the table in no time!
PIN Quick Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce and Sesame to make it later.
I think anyone who’s trying to follow some kind of healthier eating plan needs a good variety of vegetable side dishes in their recipe collection, and this Quick Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce is a recipe I’ve been making for years. And I think this flavorful broccoli that cooks quickly is a perfect side dish, and I’m reminding you about it today for my Friday Favorites pick!
I love broccoli, and I think one reason broccoli is so popular is that it tastes pretty good no matter how you prepare it. You can eat it raw, boil, steam, stir-fry, or roast it, and unless it’s completely overcooked, broccoli will taste great.
But even though a lot of cooking methods for broccoli will work, I think roasting broccoli concentrates the flavor in the best possible way. This batch of broccoli turned out so well that I ate nearly a pound of it and called it dinner.
It was also so easy to make and so diet-friendly, I knew after one bite this recipe would be a hit with anyone who tried it. Trust me, you WANT to make this version of roasted broccoli. (And don’t throw away those broccoli stems either!)
What ingredients do you need?
How long does it take to get perfectly roasted broccoli?
Broccoli will cook pretty quickly when it’s roasted at 450 F, and I turned the broccoli pieces over after 10 minutes and the broccoli was perfectly tender-crisp and just starting to brown on the edges after exactly 15 minutes.
Want more tasty ideas for broccoli?
Check out Keto Broccoli Recipes for Thanksgiving for more better-than-average broccoli options. And if you’re already a roasted veggie fan, there are more roasted vegetable ideas after the recipe
How to Make Quick Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce and Sesame:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe including nutritional information.)
- Trim and cut up enough broccoli to make one pound of bite-sized broccoli pieces.
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce (or coconut aminos), and sesame oil, then put the broccoli pieces in a bowl and toss with that mixture.
- Spread broccoli out on a baking sheet that you’ve sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in a pre-heated 450F/220C oven for 10 minutes.
- While the broccoli bakes, toast the sesame seeds for a minute or two, until they barely start to brown.
- After 10 minutes I took the pan of broccoli out of the oven and quickly turned the broccoli over, then put it back in the oven for 5 minutes more.
- It’s done when the broccoli is starting to brown but is still slightly tender-crisp.
- Arrange the broccoli on a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve hot.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This Quick Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce and Sesame would taste great with something like Chicken Cutlets with Mustard Sauce, Maple Glazed Salmon, Air Fryer Marinated Chicken Breasts, West African Chicken Stew, or Grain-Free Breaded Pork Chops.
More Roasted Vegetables from Kalyn’s Kitchen:
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli florets (see trimming instructions)
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 T soy sauce, gluten-free if needed
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450F/220C.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. (Use the biggest one you have.)
- Cut broccoli into pieces about 2 inches long.
- Then cut through stems just to where florets start, and break apart so broccoli is in same-sized pieces. (This method of cutting through the stems and then breaking the broccoli apart also eliminates the mess when you cut broccoli and small bits fall off.)
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce or coconut aminos, and sesame oil.
- Place broccoli in plastic mixing bowl and toss well that mixture.
- Arrange the broccoli in a single layer on baking sheet. I like to make sure any flat sides are touching the baking sheet for the best browning.
- Roast 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir or turn broccoli pieces over and then continue roasting 5 minutes more, or until broccoli is tender-crisp and slightly browned on the edges. (The step of turning it over is only to get more even browning; you can roast it without turning if you prefer.)
- While broccoli roasts, toast sesame seeds in a dry pan over very high heat for 30-60 seconds.
- When broccoli is done, arrange on serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve hot.
You can use coconut aminos for Paleo or Whole 30 version of this recipe.
Recipe created by Kalyn with cooking temperature inspiration from November 2007 Fine Cooking Magazine article about roasting vegetables.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Quick Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce and Sesame is a perfect side dish for any low-carb or Keto eating plan, or for any phase of the original South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Side Dishes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index photo index pages to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.