Everything you love about fajitas, comes together in this hearty warm satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup. Tender chicken surrounded by beans, corn, and spices simmers all day to perfection. Top it off with cheese and your favorite toppings and it’s a home run for dinner. It’s super simple to throw together and is fun twist on a classic favorite. Fajitas you can eat with a spoon! What’s not to love?!
Grace your table with this easy delicious meal with a side of Jalapeno Cornbread or Homemade Cornbread and Easy Honey Butter for the perfect weekday or weekend meal!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup
Creamy, quick, hearty and oh so tasty! This is such a wonderful soup to make. I love how easy this recipe comes together and it’s so packed with flavor. It’s so comforting and satisfying, perfect for a chilly evening. It’s a bowl to delight the senses. It has so many textures, smells amazing and is so colorful it’s perfect.
There just isn’t too much that can go wrong with this super simple easy meal. You’ll love it for it’s ease and it’s hearty goodness.
Chicken Fajita Soup Ingredients
- Chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cream of Chicken Soup 2 cans condensed
- Salsa One cup of your favorite kind
- Corn Two cups frozen, you can use canned, just drain it first.
- Black beans one can drained and rinsed
- Water to create that yummy soup consistency
- Cumin is a classic Mexican spice
- Cilantro use dried for the soup so it doesn’t disintegrate, use fresh for the toppings
Making Slow Cooker Fajita Soup
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and add chicken to the bottom.
- Mix together in a medium sized bowl the cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water cumin and cilantro and pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks and add back into the slow cooker followed by the shredded cheese. Cook an additional 15 min till cheese is melted
- Serve with your favorite toppings
Chicken Fajita Soup Variations
- Chicken: You can use skinless boneless chicken thighs instead of breasts
- Vegetarian: Omit the chicken all together for a vegetarian version
- Veggies: Saute chopped peppers, and onions to beef up your veggie content
- Spices: Use chili powder or a fajita seasoning to add more spice and flavor
- Tomatoes: You can also add a can of diced tomatoes, or fire roasted tomatoes for extra flavor, you don’t even have to drain it.
Optional Fajita Soup Toppings
Fajitas wouldn’t be the same with out toppings pick your favorites for the perfect soup everytime.
- Shredded Cheese
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Sliced Avocados
- Green onions Chopped
- Fresh Cilantro
- Tortilla Strips or Chips
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce such as Cholula
More Mexican Soup Recipes
Everyone loves tacos and combining those irresistible flavors in a warm hearty soup is just Amazing!