Table of Contents
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip is a creamy and slightly spicy chicken dip. It has all the flavors you love in your favorite hot sauce combined with more mild ranch dressing and topped off with the strong cheese.
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
I loved how easy and delicious this dip was. Seriously. It took me minutes to dump all of this together. And I took the recipe and made it a little better for you. Because we are all still trying to watch what we eat right? This is such an easy and delicious appetizer to bring to any party!
At my house, this dip is has quickly become a late night favorite of ours! My husband and I love spending time together after the kids are in bed, watching our favorite TV shows and having one last snack before bed! A movie with some chips and buffalo chicken dip is seriously one of our favorite pastimes. Its just so nice to know I can go whip up something warm and savory with stuff I already have on hand. You know I always have cream cheese in my refrigerator!! And tortilla chips are on my grocery list every week. I keep the hot sauce and ranch dressing on hand too. It is so easy! Just mix it all together, throw it in the cast iron skillet or a glass pan and you are 20 minutes away from warm, cheesy perfection!
Chicken Dip Ingredients:
- Cream cheese: The mild flavor of the cream cheese is the perfect balance to the spice from the hot sauce and gives this dip a great texture.
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing: You may sub low fat versions of either. – Or, if you like your dip to be thicker, use ranch seasoning instead of the dressing.
- Buffalo or Red Hot sauce: Use your favorite, but Frank’s RedHot is always my go-to!
- Crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese: The crumbles of cheese in this dip are the best part!
- Shredded cooked chicken: Use chunk chicken breast, drained or cook the chicken your self and shred using an insta-pot or boiling the chicken.
Let’s Get to Dipping:
- Wisk cream cheese: Put softened cream cheese into a bowl and stir it until it is smooth.
- Combine all ingredients: Stir together dressings, hot sauce, chicken, cheese, and cream cheese.
- Bake at 350: Allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Or Warm in the microwave about 2-5 minutes until heated through.
Different ways to make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Use prepared chicken: Canned chicken or a rotisserie chicken work just and well and save time instead of boiling and shredding the chicken yourself.
- Crock pot: You can make this dip in the crock pot by adding all of the ingredients (cube the cream cheese), stirring, and cooking on low for 4 to 6 hours, stirring once or twice during the cooking process.
- Make ahead: Assemble the dip as stated in the instructions. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for up to three days. When you’re ready to bake the dip, take it out of the refrigerator while the oven is pre-heating. Remove the plastic wrap. Bake. (Just beware you may need to add 5-10 minutes to your cook time when cooking from cold.)
- Layer it up: This dip is also great as a layered dip. Mix it and put a layer of cheese on top or keep the layers separate. Experiment and see which way you like it best!
- Party Platter: Tortilla chips, celery ribs, crackers, and sliced and toasted baguettes make a beautiful display when pared with this favorite dip.
Dips that Everyone Loves: